In the event of an order being shipped to a foreign country we need to observe the export terms and conditions of carriage. These include the weight and dimensions of the package and a number of other details. We will contact you and advise costs and charges associated with the delivery.
What we collect and why. When you shop with Ritchey ID, there are different ways we gather information about you:
• When you register with us, we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, delivery address and telephone number
• We keep a record of this information. All this is necessary for us to recognise you as a registered customer and to fulfil the orders you place with us.
• We keep a record of your purchases with us, this means we can send you the most relevant offers. It also means we can deal a lot quicker with any problems you may experience with your order.
• We keep a record of any e-mail correspondence you send us. This helps us keep track of any problems or concerns you have had with our products or services.
• When you enter a competition or prize draw, we may ask for your name, address, and e-mail address so that we can administer the contest and notify winners. We may also ask for further information for our marketing records.
Any information that you give us is held with the utmost care and security. It will not be used in ways to which you have not consented.
The information collected will be used to process orders on your behalf. Additionally, we will look at the products you buy, together with information regarding the way you viewed our site, obtained by our Cookie ( see below ). We will use this information to monitor traffic patterns and provide statistical analysis of site use, and to enable us to send you information about products and services that you may be interested in. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on the site or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on the site or not), browser information, and your IP address. On the website we will use this information to show you products, offers and information that we hope you’ll find interesting and relevant and to help us to develop the site to make shopping easier in the future. The Cookie will only reveal details about the way you look at our site. Unless you have not agreed to this, information may also be sent via email, post or via the telephone.
We may use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to our web site, new Ritchey-ID services and special offers.
By using our Site, you consent to the collection, processing and use of this information by Ritchey-ID.
Cookies are small text files that web sites can send to your computer. A cookie can be thought of as an internet user’s identification card, which tells a web site when the user has returned and provide statistical information to enable us to cater our offers to your individual needs. Cookies are not computer programs, and cannot read other information saved on your hard drive. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses, or get a user’s e-mail address etc. They only contain and transfer to the web site as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to that web site.
On 31st July 2002 the European Union Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications (the “Directive”) came into force, recognising that cookies are a “legitimate and useful tool” for many activities, including verifying the identity of web site users. The Directive makes it compulsory for web sites to inform users if cookies are being used (as explained here), and to provide some information on how cookies are used.
You can find more information on this subject at www.aboutcookies.org . We would like to make users aware that they can set their computers to reject cookies; the instructions to do this are at www.aboutcookies.org . However, you should be aware that the Ritchey-ID website (in common with most other shopping web sites) will not work without cookies.
Control of Your Password
You are responsible for all actions taken with your user id and password, including those actions that result in fees being charged to your account. Therefore we do not recommend that you disclose your password to any third parties. If you choose to share your user ID and password or your information with third parties to where it is necessary for you to do so, you are responsible for all actions taken with your User ID and password. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personally identifiable information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password or account has been compromised for any reasons, you should immediately change your password and inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We Use Your Personal Data
All the information we collect via our website or through correspondence with you is used to operate and improve the service we offer you. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
• Dealing with orders and accounts for the supply of our goods and services.
• Planning and managing Ritchey-ID business activities, including analysing customers’ shopping habits and preferences.
• Providing you with information about the products and services we offer.
•Assessing your request for delivery of goods and services from us where we may make enquiries about you including searching your records held by organisations like Equifax and credit reference agencies. At all times where we use or disclose your information it will remain secure.
There are only three circumstances where we may share some of your data with others:
•With agents (including credit reference agencies, credit card clearing agencies (Barclays, Protx Services in UK), fraud prevention and detection agencies that we use to process the orders you place with us or who assist us in the service we provide to you. In these instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function.
•In the unlikely event that our business assets are ever sold to or purchased by another company. (Our data records are part of our business).
•To outside research companies whom we may ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our products and services (in which case we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function).
How We DO NOT Use your Personal Data
We will never pass on your email address to a third party for marketing purposes.
We never pass on credit card details to anyone.
Links to other sites
Whilst we make every effort to provide you with links to high quality, reputable sites, these are not under our day to day control. When you click through to these sites or any other site not wholly owned by Ritchey-ID, you leave the area controlled by Ritchey-ID. We cannot therefore accept responsibility for any issues arising in connection with either their use of your data, the site content or the services offered to our customers by these sites. You are advised to consult each site’s privacy statement to see how they will use your data.
In addition to the company’s safeguards, your personal data is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act. This provides amongst other things that the data we hold about you should be processed lawfully and fairly. It should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. The information should, where necessary, be kept up to date and not retained for longer than is necessary. It should be kept securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people. You have the right to see what is held about you and correct any inaccuracies.
Ritchey-ID treat all the data held with the utmost care and security. Any details you give will remain completely confidential.
We cannot be held liable for any loss that you may suffer if a third party obtains unauthorised access to any data, including account details or details you provide us when accessing or ordering from this site, unless this can be proven at law to be due to our negligence.
If you do not wish to receive any further email messages from us (and I quite understand if you don’t, but remember that if you unsubscribe we will not be able to send you Sale details before anyone else) please email email@example.com
If you do not wish to be contacted by Ritchey-ID at all please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can order online with confidence that your credit card details are secure.
When you get to the payments screen, the lock symbol will appear at the bottom of your web browser indicating that you are on a secure server for entering your credit card details.
The credit card details are held on the secure server until we are ready to despatch your order, when they are collected and deleted from the secure server.
Your card details are as secure when we collect them as they are when you leave them.
Double click on the lock symbol at the bottom of the web page where you enter your credit card details for more information.
Card data is sent directly to our payment provider – Ritchey-ID do not store any credit card details.
If cookies are not enabled on your computer, it will mean that your shopping experience on our website will be limited to browsing and researching; you will not be able to add products to your basket and buy them.
To enable cookies
If you are not sure of the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet:
For PCs: click on ‘Help’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘About’ option.
For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the ‘About’ option
How to check cookies are enabled for PCs
1. Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select Options
2. Click the ‘Under the Hood’ tab, locate the ‘Privacy’ section, and select the ‘Content settings’ button
3. Now select ‘Allow local data to be set’
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
1. Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Internet options’ , then click on the ‘Privacy’ tab
2. Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser
3. Settings above Medium will disable cookies
1. Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select Options
2. Then select the Privacy icon
3. Click on Cookies, then select ‘allow sites to set cookies’
1. Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
2. Click on ‘Security’, check the option that says ‘Block third-party and advertising cookies’
3. Click ‘Save’
How to check cookies are enabled for Macs
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 on OSX
1. Click on ‘Explorer’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Preferences’ options
2. Scroll down until you see ‘Cookies’ under Receiving Files
3. Select the ‘Never Ask’ option
Safari on OSX
1. Click on ‘Safari’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
2. Click on ‘Security’ then ‘Accept cookies’
3. Select the ‘Only from site you navigate to’
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX
1. Click on ‘Mozilla’ or ‘Netscape’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
2. Scroll down until you see cookies under ‘Privacy & Security’
3. Select ‘Enable cookies for the originating web site only’
1. Click on ‘Menu’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Settings’
2. Then select ‘Preferences’, select the ‘Advanced’ tab
3. Then select ‘Accept cookies’ option
All other browsers
Please consult your documentation or online help files.
When you visit Ritchey-id.com you may notice some cookies that are not related to Ritchey-ID. When you visit a page that contains embedded content, for example from YouTube, you may be sent cookies from these websites. We do not control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.